May 2, 2013

I Don't Really Consider Myself Materialistic...

But There Are Some Things That I Like a Lot
or [My Armalite Collection] is Humungous, Wouldn't You Agree?

Alright, this is my small but respectable Armalite vinyl collection. Armalite is a band out of my hometown, Philadelphia. To say they are inactive would be an understatement. I think I attended all but two shows they ever played. They've also only had two releases, a self-titled LP and a 7" called Humungous, both on No Idea Records.

Self-Titled LP

This is the record release version of the LP. It came on an off white vinyl, hand numbered 13 of 13. I actually won this at the record release show in Philadelphia. They raffled off two copies during the show. I won this one. It comes with a handmade cover. I've been told the writing on the front is a cypher (feel free to try and solve it). It also came with a certificate of authenticity, which I included along with my raffle ticket stubs.




This is the first pressing of the LP. It came on a yellow marbled vinyl, limited to 500 copies. It's the only pressing to also include the gatefold cover.


This is the second pressing on white vinyl. This pressing is limited to 525 copies and now has the regular cover.


This is the third pressing. This press came out on bluegray mix vinyl and is limited to 200 copies.


Last but not least, this is a test pressing of the LP. I'm not sure how many were made. If I had to guess, I would say 10 or 20. They seem to be standard No Idea numbers in my experience. The cover didn't belong with the test pressing. It was one of the 13 handmade covers the band did for giveaways/promotions. I was given this one as an extra to hold my test. It also has a cypher on it.


Humungous 7"
These are my copies of from the first pressing of the 7". It was limited to 500 copies and is just listed as "mix" vinyl on the No Idea discography. I bought 6 copies and left it at that.


The second pressing is identical to the first, 500 copies on "mix" vinyl. I treated it the same way, getting six random copies.


And finally, here is my test pressing of the Humungous 7". This one was limited to 10 copies.

No comments:

Post a Comment