May 10, 2013

Grab Your Coat And Hat And Don't Forget Your Daddy's Gun

Another post from the record vault. This time I bring you The Beltones. Man, did I love this band. I was always so bummed I never got to see them live. I actually went to their show in Philly, they were playing with Slaughter and the Dogs. We had heard Slaughter was using all the local show opening band's instruments since they didn't bring their own from England. We also heard that Slaughter and the Dogs was trashing the band's gear when they were done. If the story is true, Bill and The Beltones took offense to this and dropped off the tour. Now whether or not that story is true, I don't know. But I do know that I ended up not seeing the Beltones play. But I digress... on to the records.

Lock And Load 7"
This is The Beltones first release, the Lock and Load 7" on Far Out Records. I'm not sure of the pressing numbers for this release. It was done on clear vinyl and black vinyl. I'm fairly certain the clear vinyl was limited to 100 copies.


My Old Man 7"
The band's next release was the My Old Man 7". This came out on Just Add Water Records, on black vinyl and white vinyl. The white vinyl was limited to 100 copies. All the info I find on this record says it was just one pressing, but I'm not so sure that's correct. The A and B side labels are completely different from the white to black versions. Plus the sleeve with the white vinyl is printed on a heavier cardstock, while the black vinyl has a thin glossy paper sleeve.


Naming My Bullets 7"
Next up was the Naming My Bullets 7". This came out on TKO Records, one pressing on both green vinyl and black vinyl. The green copies were limited to 100.

I was also able to get my grubby little hands on a test pressing of the Naming My Bullets 7". I don't know how many tests were made, for some reasons I think I remember hearing seven, but I could be wrong.


Shitty In Pink 7"
This is the first pressing of the Shitty In Pink 7" on Radio Records. The first pressing had full color covers and was only on black vinyl. Limited to 1000 copies.

The second pressing came out on blue/green vinyl. This was limited to 250 copies. Also the cover is now just B/W photo copy of the original cover and Bill Beltone's face has been pasted over the woman's.


Of the 250 in the second pressing, 25 were set aside as the Vinyl Solution Edition. These were only available at the Vinyl Solution record store. They are hand numbered and the cover is stamped on the inside. I've got copy #2 of 25. 

In 2010 Modern Action Records (formerly Radio) started an Outta The Vault series of reissues. The first to be done was the Shitty In Pink 7". There was a limited version with spray painted covers, stamped dust sleeves and a painted/stamped white bag. There were only 45 and they came on purple vinyl.

There is also a mailorder version of this limited to 255 copies. It's the same purple vinyl, but without covers and it also has a stamped dut sleeve and brown bag instead.

I was also able to get a test pressing of the Shitty In Pink 7". Only three test pressings were made for this release.

Cheap Trinkets LP

Finally, there is the Cheap Trinkets LP. This also came out on TKO Records. One pressing on red vinyl and black vinyl. I don't know the numbers on this release either, but it seems like the red version is pretty limited.


No comments:

Post a Comment